Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 20 of twenty-eleven: A Year in Review!

2011 has been an amazing year for me!  We are about to celebrate TWO years in the studio!  I can't believe it...time flies when you're having fun!! 

 I have enjoyed this past year so much and I want to Thank each & every one of you for making it possible.  I couldn't do what I do & fulfill my dream without you!!  With that said, I have searched & searched through all my 2011 images to find MY Top 20 images of 2011.  Here is a look back...Come down memory lane with me!!


These are some of my favorite engagement & wedding images.  I have been so blessed to capture these special, once-in-a-lifetime moments.  In 2011 I hit my goal of photographing my 50th wedding!  And then ending the year with 51 weddings under my belt!  I have had the most amazing bride & grooms ever and I wish them all the best in the world!
I LOVE photographing new moms as they wait for their newest additions to their families, whether it be the first child or the fifth child, the radiance of a soon-to-be mom is absolutely stunning!
2011 brought me an amazing opportunity to photograph my 1st birth.  (Not mine!  LOL!  But my brother & sis-in-law's birth.  They delivered their long awaited (7 years to be exact) bundle of joy on January 27th and what a joy he has been!)  I'd like to thank our family doctor for allowing me into the operating room for this amazing occasion.  I am looking forward to 2012 and being able to photograph more births!  (Contact me at:  amyjenkinsphotography@gmail.com if you're interested!)
Another AMAZING part of my job is watching these babies grow!!  These twin boys came to me in January for their newborn session.  They were born really early, so we had to wait for them to be released from the hospital to do their newborn session.  And just about two weeks ago, I was honored to photograph their first birthday/cake smash session!  My have they grown...and boy did they ever tear into that cake!  It was strictly business!
And watching all these babies grow & celebrate their birthdays is so fun!!  
I have also enjoyed seeing all these adorable four-legged friends!  This little sweetie pie did a picture for each holiday of the year.  I sure hope Riley's mommy made a 2012 calendar out of those images!
2011 brought on many fun "themed" mini sessions!!  Valentine's...Easter...Summertime/Watermelon patch...back to school...and more!!  I have so many FUN mini sessions planned for 2012.  I can't wait for you all to see the images that come out of these themed sessions this year!  Starting with 2012 Valentine's mini sessions on Saturday, January 14th!!  We'll be having a kissing booth this year and a FUN set-up called "Amy's Sugar Shack".  Contact me at:  amyjenkinsphotography@gmail.com to book your time slot!!
And who could forget the adorable Halloween mini session event.  I mean...is this the cutest costume ever?!?!
One of my favorite things about my job is when moms call me and say "I have this idea, what do you think?"  My reaction is always "Let's do it!!"  This mom wanted to have her son photographed in his skating gear and asked where we could do it.  I thought & thought & drove all over Hampton Roads until I found this skate park right here in Hampton.  We met up one morning and had an amazing session.  This little fellow rocked out his session with his mohawk, boom box, skateboard & all!  
Newborn sessions have quickly become my absolute favorite session to do.  Especially when I can get them to come in to the studio between 5 and 10 days of age!  This early age makes for some great images!
I have seen some of the most amazing families this year.  I love them all and we have had some awesome sessions together...whether walking around on a beach, at the park or gardens, or just right here in the studio!
Cake Smash sessions are also one of my favorites!!  And boy have we had some messy ones this year!!! Parents are always so nervous about the mess, but I say "Bring it on!"  I am stocked with a box of wipes, paper towels, mops & trash bags!!  Bring on the mess!!
These images are my pick for the Top 20 of 2011!  I hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane.  

Another one of my goals for 2011 was to launch my newest project.  I had been working on this project for over TWO years and was so excited to get it up and running.  It's my ALPHABET PHOTOGRAPHY project. I've sold numerous names with these images and they made great Christmas gifts for 2011!  I look forward to adding more to this collection in 2012!  (Thank you to all who ordered!  It was so fun seeing all your names in my ABC images!)
And so I end this blog post today with one last image!  May you all have a very blessed & HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Thanks again for an AMAZING 2011 and I look forward to all that we will do together in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment